Thursday, October 15, 2009

Orange You Glad It's Fall.....

I know.....that was way corny but I can't help myself. I am THRILLED the season is changing, the leaves are starting to turn golden yellow and orange and pumpkin patches are popping up on every corner. Even though it's still ninety degrees here in sunny north Florida, I can tell that cooler temperatures are on the way to stay and fall will be in full effect in this area! Most people in the country have witnessed the change in season for a few weeks now and are starting to get ready for winter and I ssssoooo envy them. How I long to wear great boots, leather blazers and pea coats on a weekly basis.....okay, I know I am going off on a tangent but fall fashion is like to die for and this is one of my favorite times of the year :) I love how nature slowly changes and warms everything up into gorgeous colors that define this time of year. I especially love all shades of orange, especially what we call “burnt orange”, I love the gold undertones of this color and I buy everything in this color, especially shirts and sweaters…..off on a tangent again, sorry. Many fall brides choose burgundy, orange, brown and gold for a color palette but I was just thinking the other day of  creating a board with only orange. Different shades of orange that is, this is often done with pink and red and I thought it would be fun to play around with one of my favorite colors. One great color scheme that we see a lot in the summer is orange with hot pink…swoon, love that palette. It’s very refreshing, bold and chic, I really LOVE seeing linens in these colors, especially pintuck tablecloths. For those brides that are season conscious, I removed the hot pink from that color scheme and came up with this board:


Orange Crush

Orange is a color that changes moods depending on what you pair it with, for instance if you use black and orange, you get that dark Halloween feel, pair it with brown and you think fall. I love it best when it is used with gold or on its own, it just becomes so vibrant. I believe brides should choose colors for their wedding that they love, no matter the season but orange is a great option for this time of year! Stay Posh :)

0 comments: