Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm falling in love with Baby’s Breath. Don’t Judge Me...

I'm serious, Baby's Breath or Gypsophila (for floral junkies like me) are gorgeous, I just had to be reminded. As a wedding florist, I try to avoid them in every arrangement I do unless they are requested but I fell in love with them around Christmas time. After so many years of sticking my nose up at them, I saw a jaw dropping arrangement at the Ritz in downtown Atlanta. I immediately dropped all of my luggage and pulled out my camera phone:


GORGEOUS & SO VERY POSH!!!! Simply stunning, I just love it. I always suggest my brides use clusters of carnations for budget arrangements because they are fabulous when they are tightly packed into great vases and/or containers and clearly these "filler" flowers can have the same effect. Here are a few other arrangements I found that can be used for inspiration in designing your own wedding:


This look would be great to use on columns for an outside summer wedding, especially if all of the flowers are white/ivory!






Just remember to use these beautiues in vast quanatities and on their own. If you try to mix the baby's breath with other flowers you won't get the same dramatic look as pictured above. Just my humble opinion on the matter :) So, would you consider the above look for your event?!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I think baby's breath can be done very nicely! I was debating using it in my wedding for a while.

Posh Stems said...

They would have been lovely to use outside for your wedding but you have a gorgeous venue full of flowers!